Even if it is easy to achieve, the basic recipe for the kombucha drink needs patience, as it will be ready in about a week!
Regarding the ingredients, you will need:
How to prepare the recipe? Steps to follow:
1. while preparing the tea, drop the kombucha strain into a soup dish containing cider vinegar; it helps to rinse the kombucha fungus with cider vinegar in order to prevent any mold, whose appearance is undesirable;
2. pour the water into the pan and then heat it;
3. put about 70 grams of sugar into the water which is still cold or warming gradually and mix until the sugar is completely melted;
4. once that water boiled, remove the pan from heat and add the tea into it;
5. let the tea infuse into the pan for about 10-15 minutes;
6. if you used tea leaves, retain them into a strainer;
7. if you have opted for tea bags, remove them from water;
8. cool tea until it has about 30°C;
9. pour the sweet tea into a glass container;
10. add approximately 10% of the previous beverage; if you make your first beverage, is the recovery liquid that you will need to add (you can also add a few drops of cider vinegar, only the first time);
11. put the kombucha strain into this liquid;
12. put a muslin retained by an elastic on the jar so that the air can circulate and in order to prevent dust to enter into it too;
13. place the fermentation container into a warm place, away from light and airflows.
You have to wait about a week and then continue preparing:
14. remove the kombucha with your hands (once your hands are carefully washed);
15. fill in a bottle the obtained beverage, using a strainer;
16. let the yeast precipitate into the fermentation container, but empty it every 4 weeks and rinse it with hot water;
17. carefully wash with the kombucha under tap water and place it into the fermentation container;
18. keep about 10% of the liquid from the fermentation container in order to further acidify the amount of tea to be prepared;
19. if you don’t drink immediately the beverage thus obtained, place the bottle containing it into a cool place;
20. carefully wash the jar as explained in the section "Hygiene compliance" for kombucha and proceed as above for the next beverage.